To encourage and promote an interest and appreciation of the history of the Town of Sebago through the collection, research, and preservation of such information, materials, or items and to develop educational programs of historical or genealogical importance relating to Sebago’s history.
The building that now houses the Sebago Historical Society was originally the Freewill Baptist Church. It was built in 1844. One hundred years later the church became the Nazarene Church.
The Town of Sebago purchased the building for the Historical Society in 1996.